Sunday, March 26, 2006

Favorite Japanese restaurants

I enjoy Japanese cuisine, because it tends to be tasty and fairly healthy (tempura and sesame chicken excepted). I've noticed that a lot of Japanese restaurants in South OC, particularly popular ones, are run by Chinese or Koreans. Not that I have anything against them, and their food is often good, but somehow it just doesn't seem quite "right". That's why I'm always on the lookout for authentic Japanese restaurants, especially smaller mom-and-pop ones; besides noticing whether the restaurant is run by Japanese, I know I'm at the right place when the clientele is mostly Japanese. In Tustin, we like Honda Ya and Osaka Kappo. In Irvine, we often frequent Fukada.

Now if we could only get some good Hawaiian cuisine around here!

No comments: